In this role, you will set the tone for visitors to our drop-in centre. As a Hub host, your primary role is to ensure members feel welcome and supported. You can help start conversations between members (keep an eye out for people off to the side.), play games, or encourage creative pursuits as a friendly and engaging peer model.
- Greet and connect with members and guests
- Give tours
- Track attendance
- Set up rooms, equipment and technology as needed
- Manage supplies (let us know when we’re running low)
- Open and close
- Answer the phone
- Manage safety protocols
- Manage hub booking schedule
- Lead and encourage members to contribute to hub maintenance
Expectations / Contribution Hours
- You decide, pick a day that works for you
- Half day mornings, afternoons or evenings
- Family-hosting is encouraged!
This role is a great fit if you are
- Organized, reliable and tech savvy
- Intuitive, fun and friendly
- Welcoming and non-judgmental attitude a Must!
- If you are selected, you will need to provide a police screening with vulnerable sector clearance before the first day of work (for key holders).
Can You help us?
Can You Help Us?
Autism Home Base is a proud member of