- All members of AHBD, regardless of member duration, experienced a positive impact as a result of their membership.
– Caregivers report experiencing a non-judgmental and supportive environment, reduced isolation, development of supportive relationships, and opportunities to engage in activities with a community.
– The adults with autism experienced an enhanced quality of life, enhanced mental health (e.g., less anxiety) and physical health (e.g., weight loss), reduced isolation, and the development of supportive relationships.
- As a whole, AHBD addressed concerns that caregivers have for their future and the future of their adult son or daughter with autism. However, members who have been involved with AHBD
long-term reported that more of their concerns for the future had been addressed and greater faith in AHBD’s ability to address these concerns, compared to short-term members.
- Regardless of duration of membership with AHBD, members report levels of social provisions that are moderate to high.
- Levels of social provisions increase as a result of joining AHBD and these increases appear to occur after a relatively short period of time with the organization (between 1 and 12 months).
Autism Home Base
Read More Like This
Autism Home Base is a proud member of